Wednesday 23 March 2011

Birds, birds and more birds.

I am currently working on a couple of identification boards to go in a bird hide, one for summer birds and one for winter birds.
I will be doing a large background illustration of the lake and surround together with all the birds to be seen there. I have started on the winter birds and here are the first three, 18 more to go for this board.

I am using watercolours, mainly for speed. They are not large, measuring about 5" at the widest, but will be reduced down a little once I drop them into the main illustration. Good ole Photoshop, makes the job much easier. 

 Black headed gull
 Cettis warbler
Dunlin

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun project Bev. I love you little birds. Don't see many watercolours from you. Nice!

    Cheers
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolour illustrations! Yes, it sounds like fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Pencil on toned paper

Here are a couple of experiments using graphite pencil and white coloured pencil, plus a touch of white gel pen on grey paper. I am reasona...